Tips for a Bouncy Blow Out from celebrity hair stylist and star of 'Blow Out' Jonathan Antin:
- For an extra voluminous bouncy blowout, begin by towel drying clean, wet hair. Be certain that hair is rinsed VERY thoroughly.
- Use a wide tooth comb to untangle hair.
- With a professional quality dryer that has a cool shot button, such as the InfinitiPRO AC Motor Dryer by Conair, dry hair upside down. Follow by smoothing out ends with a round brush on a low, warm setting. Engage the cool shot button every 15-20 seconds.
- A professional quality dryer with ionic technology is key because the AC motors featured in these dryers dry hair faster minimizing damage and frizz.
- When hair is completely dry, divide hair into 2 inch sections.
- Begin at the top of the head, toward forehead and work backwards. Wrap hair around a round brush with a medium-sized barrel so that the section is rolled toward the back of the head.
- Using high heat and a concentrator nozzle to pinpoint airflow, dry hair from root to end for 8 seconds, then freeze into place using the cool shot button for 5 seconds. This technique is similar to hot rolling and gets volume, separation and definition. If hair is excessively curly, you can dry hair from mid-shaft to end to minimize styling time.
- When finished with the top of head, dry hair on sides and back pointing the dryer downward. This avoids getting frizz and fly-aways.
- Dab a pea-sized amount of styling cream into your hands, and smooth it into the ends of hair to define and separate tresses.
- Finish hair with a light hold flexible hairspray such as Rusk Being Sexy.
Styling Tool Suggestions:
InfinitiPRO by Conair AC Motor Dryer Dryer, $34.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Conair Wide Tooth Comb, $1.49 at Walgreens
Rusk Being Sexy, $16.00 Folica.com
Did you like this post? Click to subscribe for FREE article updates and style news, we only send twice a month as not to bombard our readers.