click to view gallery
Paris is known for romance, beauty, and what else? High fashion of course. After hitting the streets of this style capitol, there is no doubt that French women know how to put together an outfit, and WORK it! All French people have a self-confidence that is palpable, French women exude that self-confidence in every way from walking and talking to the clothes they wear. The major theme of French fashion is being innovative, but not outrageous. French women have mastered the art of being subtly sexy, not by revealing lots of skin, but with the right mix of attitude and great style. Take a look at the style tips we took from observing the French!
- Woman Waiting for the Metro. No slouching or sloppiness allowed here. This chic Parisian exudes drama and confidence with simplicity. Her basic color palate of black and denim paired with great brown heels is a perfect day outfit. With a messy ponytail and clean face, she knows that beauty is all in the attitude. Her scarf adds a little flair and drama and her hobo bag is a perfect catchall for the essentials of strutting the streets of Paris (such as a mini-umbrella for freak thunderstorms!).
- Mother Daughter duo. Style training starts early! This precious pair is cool and chic in their lightweight pastel dresses and their au naturel tresses are breezy and beautiful. Mom’s bag is fabulous and big enough for two.
- Strutting in the Street. No, not like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. The weather in France is just as unpredictable, but this Parisian woman was un-phased by the suddenly cool afternoon. Love this tweed mini-cloak, and it is perfectly paired with jeans and black flats.
- Wait…Is that Lady Gaga? Sadly no, but this woman is definitely letting loose her inner Gaga with this fabulous “hair” bow (yes. The bow is made of actual hair)! Love it!
- Parisian Pair. These two girls are ready to take on Paris with their casual chic outfits and perfect-for-walking flats. The skirt and blouse combo keep things light and fun. The sweater-tank-jeans combo is simple and easy -- just like French style!
- FASHION NEVER. While strolling the grounds of Versailles, this young woman wandered across our path. If fashion-savvy Louis XIV were still around, she would have been banished from France! Let’s hope she took a few tips from the streets of Paris home with her.