How To Get Celebrity Locks
Friday, Jan 28,2011
It is the season for black tie galas and parties galore. With that comes the need for fresh beauty tips. When dressing for coming events, we suggest keeping hair relaxed with flowing waves or pulling it away from the face in a high bun. See below for tips on how to achieve these looks from hair expert Fabian Lliguin, founder of Rahua.
Flowing Waves-- as seen recently on Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson:
· On damp hair begin by applying a finishing treatment on the hair ends. This will protect the hair from becoming damaged from heat and styling tools.
· Then top with Rahua's all new soft hold hair spray. The memory-cells from lemongrass will help your hair remember its shape once styled.
· Tilt your head upside-down and blast your hair dryer until the roots are dry providing instant volume.
· Using a 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron, wrap every other piece and hold for a few seconds.
· After hair has been curled, run a brush over waves to loosen.
High Bun-- as seen recently on Kourtney and Kim Kardashian:
· Begin with clean and dry hair.
· Slick straight back and apply wax or spray to hold.
· Secure in a high pony tail using an elastic the same color as your hair.
· Divide the pony tail into two sections, twist the first section until up around the base of the pony tail tucking the end under and away from view.
· Secure with bobby pins and repeat with the second section. Breaking down the hair this way makes it much easier to manage.
· Complete the look by topping with hair spray to set.